OMAHA, Neb. (October 12, 2016) – On Friday, November 4th, Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska will hold a fundraiser featuring Amanda Reinert, Mrs. Nebraska USA Universal 2016, as master of ceremonies and guest speaker. During the event, Reinert will share her own personal story as a two-time survivor of child sexual abuse and how she is making a difference by supporting the LFS RSafe® program which serves children impacted by sexual abuse.
“LFS is so important to not only myself, but also the community,” says Reinert. “This event is a great opportunity for the community to support children and learn about the how LFS supports thousands of children and their families each year. Last year, LFS provided child sexual abuse treatment to 289 children.”
The event combines the historic Council Bluffs fundraiser, Wicker & Wine®, which raises funds to support the LFS Pottawattamie County Center for Healthy Families, with the popular sports-themed Fandango® event, which raises funds for all LFS Children Services programs.
Every day, LFS teaches young at-risk parents how to love and discipline their children appropriately, providing them the tools and resources they need to build a stronger families. The LFS RSafe® program provides specialized therapy to children who have been sexually abused – often breaking generational cycles of abuse. Over 3,000 children are served each year by LFS through 14 programs. The exciting new fundraiser will help ensure these programs continue to impact the lives of our community’s most vulnerable.
The funds raised at this event are critical for the children served by LFS in the Omaha metro and surrounding area. Every dollar invested goes toward creating a safe and happy childhood for these children.
Event: Fandango® and Wicker & Wine®
Date: Friday, November 4, 2016
Location: Hilton Omaha 1001 Cass Street Omaha, NE 68102
Time: 6:00 p.m. – Reception, Silent Auction
7:30 p.m. – Dinner, Program, Live Auction
Cost: $100 per person
Honorary Chairs: Lawrence “Chip” James II & Erin James of Omaha, Neb.
John & Tracy Jerkovich of Council Bluffs, Iowa
Dan & Martha Peterson of Neola, Iowa
Master of Ceremonies: Mrs. Nebraska USA Universal Amanda Reinert
Attire: Sports casual
Tickets are available at LFSneb.org or by calling (402) 591-5063.
This event is made possible through generous support from our sponsors including the Fandango® and Wicker & Wine® “All Stars” sponsor Lockwood Development.
About Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska, Inc.
Established in 1892, Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska (LFS) is a faith-based, not-for-profit, multi-service human care agency with locations across Nebraska and offices in Council Bluffs, Iowa. The LFS mission is to provide human care services that build and strengthen individual, family and community life.
As a multi-service organization, LFS demonstrates its mission through three broad service areas:
- Behavioral Health Services, including mental health counseling, sexual abuse/incest treatment, substance use treatment, and specialized counseling for children, adolescents, adults and families;
- Children Services, providing infant, international and foster care adoption services and searches, foster care, pregnancy counseling, maternal health care and family support services; and
- Community Services, providing refugee resettlement services, immigration legal services, AmeriCorps and other education and employment services for new populations.
About Amanda Reinert
Amanda Reinert is Mrs. Nebraska USA Universal 2016. She lives in Omaha, Nebraska with her husband and daughter. Her pageant platform for Mrs. USA Universal is “Let’s Talk About it”: Education, Awareness & Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse,” for which she won the Best Platform award.
Reinert is a certified facilitator with Darkness to Light, a national organization committed to the education, awareness and prevention of child sexual abuse. She is also a spokesperson for the LFS RSafe® program, one of the largest child sexual abuse treatment programs in the Midwest.
- 2016 Fandango® and Wicker & Wine event page https://www.lfsneb.org/events/fandango-wicker-wine
- 2015 Fandango® Photo and Videos https://www.lfsneb.org/fandango-2015/
- 2015 Wicker & Wine® Photo and Videos https://www.lfsneb.org/wicker-wine-2015/
- Mrs. Nebraska America Amanda Reinert web page http://www.mrsnebraskaamerica.com/crown-winners/2014-2/
- Mrs. Nebraska USA Universal 2016 Amanda Reinert Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Mrs-Nebraska-USA-Universal-1652315281679370/about/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item