Did you know that our Adult Behavioral and Mental Health services include a team of licensed psychiatric prescribers and nurses who administer and monitor medication for the purpose of alleviating or stabilizing symptoms for certain conditions? Although medication is not always necessary, treatment recommendations can include medication, counseling/psychotherapy, or a combination of both. Our prescribers specialize in diagnosing and treating a wide range of mental health conditions to help you achieve and maintain mental wellness.
Meet Our Medication Management Team
- Cory Rabe, APRN, PMHNP-BC
- Cory Rabe is a psychiatric nurse practitioner and graduate of the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha and Lincoln. He has worked as a nurse practitioner in the field of psychiatric mental health for more than 9 years. Cory works with individuals of all diagnoses and cultural backgrounds.
- Angela Kline, PA-C
- Angela Kline is a physician assistant and a graduate of the University of Nebraska Medical Center. She has more than 20 years of experience as a physician assistant and works with individuals between the ages of 19 and 65 years.
- Erin Simanic, APRN, PMHNP-BC
- Erin Simanic is a psychiatric nurse practitioner and a graduate of the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha and Lincoln. She has worked in family practice as well as psychiatry and embraces a holistic framework and uses her knowledge as a family NP to ensure all aspects of the mind and body are considered. She works with mental health concerns across the spectrum of diagnoses and seeks to work collaboratively with her patients to help them achieve their goals for wellness.
- Wendy Hoins, APRN, PMHNP-BC
- Wendy Hoins is a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner with more than 30 years of experience in the field of nursing. She has been working as a nurse practitioner for more than 14 years now and works with adults age 19 and older across a spectrum of diagnostic concerns.
- TaWanda Mercer, APRN, PMHNP-BC
- TaWanda Mercer is a board-certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. She has a Doctor of Nursing Practice and over 20 years of mental health experience. She enjoys working with adults of all ages with various mental illnesses including mood disorders, thought disorders, substance use disorders, anxiety, trauma, and attention deficit disorders
Our nursing team consists of registered nurses and licensed practical nurses who work with the psychiatric prescribers to meet the needs of our patients by providing education and/or resources to assist patients and families in understanding and managing psychiatric and physical health conditions. The nursing team may also assist with your care plan by monitoring vital signs, administering long-acting injectable medications, and/or assessing for side effects of medications.
- Bobbie McGowan, LPN
- Bobbie has worked as a licensed practical nurse for 12 years now with more than 25 years of experience in the medical field. She has worked in a number of healthcare settings and enjoys helping patients in mental health navigate the resources needed to achieve and maintain wellbeing. Bobbie assists Cory Rabe and Erin Simanic to provide patient care. For any questions/requests pertaining to care provided by Cory or Erin, please call Bobbie at 402-506-9310*
- Sarah Greenwood, LPN
- Sarah has worked as a licensed practical nurse for 3 years with more than 6 years of experience in the medical field. She brings empathy and has a relaxed communication style. Sarah communicates pertinent information to the interdisciplinary team to enhance treatment planning and progress. Sarah assists Angela Kline and Wendy Hoins to provide patient care. For any questions/requests pertaining to care provided by Angela or Wendy, please call Sarah at 402-441-6656 *
- DeAndra Clark, LPN
- DeAndra has worked as a licensed practical nurse for 19 years with more than 44 years of experience in the medical field. She has worked in a variety of healthcare settings, over her career. She brings integrity and courtesy when working and caring for all patients. DeAndra assists TaWanda Mercer to provide patient care. For any questions/requests pertaining to care provided by TaWanda, please call DeAndra at 402-591-5062*
*At times, our nursing team members assist one another and other prescriber teams with patient care and so there may be times you leave a message for one nurse but the call is returned by another member of the nursing team.
LFS locations where Medication Management services are provided.
Psychiatric Medication Management services are provided onsite at locations in Lincoln, Omaha, and Fremont currently and all prescribers also work with patients and families in a remote/telehealth format for appointments when appropriate based on individual needs. To find out about our Open Access services or to make an appointment click here.
Medication Management is currently provided at three of our LFS locations as well as remotely via telehealth.
Lincoln Health 360 Team:
- Cory Rabe APRN, PMHNP-BC
- Erin Simanic APRN, PMHNP-BC
- Bobbie McGowan LPN
- Angela Kline PA-C
- Wendy Hoins APRN, PMHNP-BC
- Sarah Greenwood LPN
Omaha, downtown Team:
- TaWanda Mercer APRN, PMHNP-BC
- DeAndra Clark LPN
Fremont Team: (open-access not currently accessible at this site however, patients can establish care for MM through Fremont using the telehealth option for OA or visiting the Omaha or Lincoln location for their initial appt)
- Angela Kline PA-C
- Sarah Greenwood LPN