Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska expresses God’s love for all people by providing quality human care services that build and strengthen individual, family, and community life.
Safety, Hope and Well-Being for All People
LFS Values: The HEART of LFS
Humility, kindnEss, fAithfulness, Respect, accounTability
Our values inform our thoughts, words and actions. Our values are important because they help us to grow and develop. They help us to create the future we want to experience.
We all make hundreds of decisions every day. The decisions we make are a reflection of our values and beliefs.
When we use our values to make decisions, we make a deliberate choice to focus on what is important to us. When values are shared, they foster unity at LFS.
Our values reflect how LFS shows up and operates in the world. They form the very HEART of how we do the work we do. Some of the ways we know we’re using our values to make decisions are outlined in what we call…
The LFS Way:
- Choose Understanding (Respect)
- Trust First (Kindness)
- Dwell in Possibility (Faithfulness)
- Focus on Self-Improvement (Respect)
- Value Questions More than Answers (Humility)
- Keep Every Promise (Accountability)
- Lead from Any Chair (Accountability)
- Default to Transparency (Accountability)
- Listen First, then Listen Some More (Humility)
- Assume Best Intent (Kindness)
Clients served in 2018
Years of service
Languages spoken by LFS staff