The CARES Act funds allow LFS to serve individuals and families whose lives have been directly
or indirectly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. To apply for financial assistance, please use the links below.
If you have any trouble completing the form, please call 1-833-566-0766 or email [email protected].
The CARES Act funds may be used to cover:
• Rent/Mortgage to help cover overdue or mortgage to avoid eviction or foreclosure.
• Basic Needs Care packages for up to two months including utility costs to prevent shutoffs, and basic need items that may include groceries, formula, diapers, personal hygiene, and household cleansers.
• Cell Phones with one month of data already loaded
• Additional Months of Cell Phone Refills.
• Tablets (one per household) to be used to access needed telehealth services and for school-aged youth to access online school platforms.
To qualify, families will have needs in at least one of the following categories:
1) Loss of employment due to changes in the workplace because of COVID 19.
2) Loss of income due to illness-specific to COVID 19, of either self or a family member.
3) Loss of income due to a loss or reduction in unemployment benefits.
4) Lack of income for one of the following reasons:
• Inability to stay current with rent or mortgage payment causing a risk of eviction or homelessness
• Inability to stay current paying utility bills causing risk off shut off
• Inability to access necessary resources such as telehealth for medical or behavioral health due to lack of technology – either smartphone or tablet
• Inability of adults or children to receive online education or training due to lack of technology
• Inability to maintain enough food or necessities for the individual or family
• Require short-term financial assistance
• Lack essential items (food, clothing, shelter)
• Have experienced COVID-19 related unemployment
• Are experiencing poverty
• Are facing mental health or substance abuse issues
• Are experiencing language barriers
• Are isolated and/or have limited access to services in remote areas of the state
Please Note: We are here to help you. If you have any difficulties with the form or concerns, please contact us at 1-833-566-0766.