Omahan and Afghan refugee Feroz Mohmand and his son.
We need your help to welcome refugees from Afghanistan when they arrive.
As servants on earth, it is our privilege and duty to extend our concern and compassion to all who are in need. As an organization, Lutheran Family Services stands ready to receive Afghan allies and refugees seeking safety and security in the U.S. Our role is to help them find safety, hope and well-being. That means helping them with a place to live and furnishings, clothes, food, transportation, and meeting all of the daily needs that so many of us take for granted.
What YOU Can Do TODAY!
For any other inquiries or questions that have not been covered above regarding the welcoming of refugees, you can call our dedicated Refugee Hotline: 531-867-4197.
When you partner with Lutheran Family Services, you share your gifts and abilities to help those less fortunate. Please consider volunteering your time, sharing your expertise, becoming a prayer partner, or making a financial gift.
Other ways to support LFS include:
- Providing child supervision for our Centers for Healthy Families’ Nurturing Parent Program classes or Right Turn® support groups
- Mentoring or sponsoring a refugee family
- Assisting staff at LFS community events and fundraising activities
- Helping with our Foster Care Closet and boutiques at our Centers for Healthy Families
- Mentoring newly-arrived refugees facing numerous challenges in transitioning to life in the United States
- Helping refugee gardeners in the Global Roots program as they grow food for their families and food to sell at farmers’ markets
These are just some of the activities and areas which provide rewarding volunteer experiences!
We are pleased to announce that we have returned to in-person events, programs, and services at all locations across Nebraska and in Pottawattamie County, IA. For the health and safety of our volunteers, staff, and communities, we follow CDC guidelines. If you have specific questions about volunteer opportunities for any LFS program or location, please contact our Director of Volunteer Services, Holly Kaffenberger at [email protected] or call 531.444.3433.
Become a Corporate Impact Partner
The Rupert Dunklau Center for Healthy Families
Internships and Practicums
Serve on the LFS Board of Directors
Questions? Please fill out the form below and someone will reach out to you.