Due to the escalating conflict in Ukraine, many Ukrainians have fled their home country in search of safety. The federal government is currently working to expand and develop new programs with a focus on welcoming Ukrainians who have family members in the United States. This is a fluid situation, so please check back periodically for updates.
When you partner with Lutheran Family Services, you share your gifts and abilities to help those less fortunate. Please consider volunteering your time, sharing your expertise, becoming a prayer partner, or making a financial gift.
Other ways to support LFS include:
- Providing child supervision for our Centers for Healthy Families’ Nurturing Parent Program classes
- Mentoring or sponsoring a refugee family
- Assisting staff at LFS community events and fundraising activities
- Helping with our Foster Care Closet and boutiques at our Centers for Healthy Families
- Mentoring newly-arrived refugees facing numerous challenges in transitioning to life in the United States
- Helping refugee gardeners in the Global Roots program as they grow food for their families and food to sell at farmers’ markets
These are just some of the activities and areas which provide rewarding volunteer experiences!
We are pleased to announce that we have returned to in-person events, programs, and services at all locations across Nebraska and in Pottawattamie County, IA. For the health and safety of our volunteers, staff, and communities, we follow CDC guidelines. If you have specific questions about volunteer opportunities for any LFS program or location, please contact our Director of Volunteer Services, Holly Kaffenberger at Hkaffenberger@lfsneb.org or call 531.444.3433.