Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska wants to prevent Nebraska’s homeowners who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic from losing their homes. We are one of five community-based organizations that may be able to assist rural Nebraska homeowners impacted by the pandemic who have been unable to make mortgage and utility payments and are in jeopardy of losing their homes.
- You, or an adult member of your household, has had a loss of income due to COVID-19
- Your income must be below 80% of Area Median Income
- Would you or your family be in this circumstance if COVID-19 had not occurred?
- You have an unpaid Nebraska mortgage balance that began on or after March 1, 2020
- You must NOT duplicate other federal, state, or local assistance
You may click here or paste this link into your browser this link to apply https://ssp.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sZ9sinKdJOrBLU
Our Housing Assistance team will review your application within two (2) weeks of receiving the application and a Housing Assistance Specialist will reach out to you for additional information or clarification as required. It is important that you respond to these inquiries as quickly as possible to expedite your assistance.
Once your online application has been completed, please begin to collect the following documents for submission. We cannot move forward with your application without all the required documents listed below:
- Identification for all household members 18 and over
- Household Income verification – pay stubs for one month, Social Security award letters, TANF letters
- Most recent mortgage statement including past due amount
- Notice to vacate, if applicable
- One month of most recent bank statements
- Copy of utility bills (gas, water, electric, propane)
- Number of bedrooms in your home
If you are applying for utility assistance with your mortgage assistance, a W-9 form is needed from your utility company.
If your house was built prior to 1978, a visual lead-based paint inspection may be required.
Once all eligibility criteria are met, and all documents have been submitted, you can expect your application to be processed within 21-28 days. Mortgage and utility payments will be made directly to your landlord and/or utility company. You will be notified when any payment has been issued.
LFS will work with homeowners in Nebraska who have fallen behind with their mortgage and/or utilities payments due to the COVID-19 Pandemic in the highlighted counties:
Buffalo, Chase, Custer, Dawson, Dundy, Franklin, Frontier, Furnas, Garfield, Gosper, Greeley, Harlan, Hays, Hitchcock, Howard, Kearney, Perkins, Phelps, Red Willow, Sherman, Valley, Wheeler, contact Maria Everett, Housing Specialist, 402.672.6090 or [email protected].
In Blaine, Box Butte, Cheyenne, Dawes, Deuel, Garden, Grant, Hooker, Keith, Kimball, Lincoln, Logan, Loup, McPherson, Morrill, Scottsbluff, Sheridan, Sioux, Thomas counties, contact Liz Weidner, Housing Specialist, 402.578.7260 or [email protected]
If you live outside these counties, you may click here or paste this link into your browser this link to apply https://ssp.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sZ9sinKdJOrBLU
This funding is part of a $6.5M grant under the Housing Assistance Common Fund (HACF) as part of the CDBG-CV Emergency Payments Program under the Nebraska Department of Economic Development.