Counseling can help strengthen your family, develop your relationships and prevent small problems from getting out of control. Individual, family and group therapists assess and treat everything from everyday stress to chronic mental health disorders.
Outpatient substance use disorder services are available for persons who have used drugs or alcohol or have been diagnosed as chemically dependent, if they can be treated in the community.
Specialized treatment services and groups include:
- Severe and persistent mental illness
- Depression and mood disorder
- Urgent outpatient mental health care
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Treatment for children with sexual behavior problems
- Sexual abuse support groups
- Substance use disorder
- Drug and alcohol education classes
- Adolescent decision-making groups
- Post-adoption issues
- Pregnancy- and parenting-related issues
Counseling is available in most LFS offices, but each service is not available in each location. Most major insurance accepted. Sliding fees are offered to those who are without insurance and are eligible for state mental health subsidies.
We now offer Open Access, a virtual waiting room that allows you to walk into one of our locations in Lincoln and Omaha, schedule an appointment on-site, and begin the check-in process. For more information about Open Access, click here.