Studies show children with fathers who are engaged in their lives have more positive life experiences. They develop healthy relationships and are less likely to have emotional or physical problems, perform better academically and subsequently in their jobs and careers.
The Fatherhood Initiative Project strives to re-engage fathers with their children and support the whole family in their efforts to overcome struggles and improve their lives.
Eligibility Criteria Include:
- Non-custodial fathers wanting to engage or reengage with their children
- Below 200% federal poverty level
- Unemployed and Underemployed fathers
Community agency & self-referrals accepted. Send to [email protected]
Download our Fatherhood Initiative flier here.
- Individualized services & case management
- Father-led SMART goals
- Financial literacy and planning
- “Children In Between” co-parenting
- Father-Child relationship support & education
- Employment readiness & career planning
- Referrals to other services & support
- Trauma-Informed approach
- Nurturing Fathers Class
- Legal Services for family stability and public benefit applications/denials.
This program is funded by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.