Objective 1: NO WRONG DOOR
No matter when or how people come to LFS for service, they are welcomed and embraced.
- LFS will be the first place people think of and contact for human care services.
- LFS services are provided in a culturally competent and humble manner.
- No client leaves LFS without direction and understanding about how/where to access the services they need.
- Design and implement a marketing and communications plan to promote LFS to the communities we serve.
- All services provided at all locations are provided in a way that meets individuals’ and families’ social, cultural, and linguistic needs.
- Ensure all clients and visitors to LFS receive a warm welcome regardless of when or how they arrive.
Objective 2: ADVANCE THE QUALITY AND ACCESSIBLITY OF HUMAN SERVICES
Through generous compassion, expand value for people we serve with an intense focus on understanding, empathy, quality, safety and effectiveness.
- Accessing services at LFS is easy for all people.
- Our physical space is welcoming and appropriate for the services we provide.
- LFS is part of a robust network of service providers in the community that collaborate to identify gaps and meet needs.
- People we serve identify LFS services as the highest of quality.
- Evaluate and plan for our future facilities needs while being good stewards of existing facilities.
- Ensure waiting areas are accessible, child friendly, and welcoming to all.
- Increase opportunities for the people we serve to access LFS services (timeliness, locations, program & services available).
- Develop preferred partners referral system & a guide to be used across the organization.
- Maintain focus on quality through accreditation with the Council on Accreditation.
- Create learning loop from people we serve on how to continuously improve and increase quality.
Objective 3: FOCUS ON OUTSIDE-IN
Listening to and honoring the people we serve, build upon our tradition of leadership by becoming a model of person-centered care.
- Evaluate the needs of the communities in which we serve.
- Know the needs of people we serve and strive to meet them.
- Know the needs of people we do not currently serve.
- Know why we are not their chosen provider for services we provide.
- Develop an understanding of the current and projected needs of the communities in which we serve through research, strategic partnership, and population-level data.
- Understand the client journey through our services.
- Design and implement a universal intake process.
Objective 4: FEARLESSLY EXPERIMENT
Fearlessly experiment for discovery and learning through continuous innovation. Invest in person-centered learning and design to create new models of care/service delivery.
- Learn how to test programmatic hypotheses through pilot projects.
- Expand on existing partnerships and relationships.
- Build capacity required for innovation.
- Engage in systems-level work to elevate what we learn about community needs.
- Develop, model, and set expectations in staff learning about client insights for the development of pilot projects.
- Increase financial resources to allow for innovation and growth capacity.
- Share what we learn about community needs through advocacy and education.
- Enhance staff learning to be used to enable pilot projects and support areas of future impact.
Objective 5: SERVE AS ONE ORGANIZATION
Foster an organizational culture that is supportive, diverse, and inclusive, while enhancing joy at LFS.
- Be a Great Place to Work:
- The key to being a great place to work is to maximize human potential, accomplished through leadership effectiveness, and values that include empathy and trust.
- Develop the “LFS Way” – shared norms and values for communication and collaboration.
- Eliminate internal silos and enhance internal collaboration.
- Ensure adequate and proper training occurs for all employees and volunteers.
- Role model and live into the “LFS Way.”
- Identify and advocate for the necessary tools and resources to support our culture and growth.
- Establish systems, processes, and methodologies to support and enable alignment of our people and culture.
Objective 6: AIM FOR ACCURATE UNDERSTANDING IN EVERYTHING WE DO
Use data in new and innovative ways to guide decision-making in every corner of LFS, from person-centered services to finance and administration.
- Understand that cultural competence and humility is our competitive advantage…and it is the right thing to do and to be.
- Anticipate and plan for future needs.
- Develop tools for planning and decision-making
- Create an integrated multi-year budget system and a uniform forecasting model.
- Develop and implement financial planning tools for key leadership across the organization.
- Diversify funding:
- Increase diversity in behavioral health payers
- Increase contracts and grants
- Prepare for Value-Based Reimbursement
- Increase unrestricted funds raised
- Develop competency using data in decision-making:
- Key Performance Indicator analysis
- Business Intelligence output from Practice Management System
- Meaningful analysis of client outcomes
- Data integration into performance management
- Increase efficiencies and effectiveness by linking and assigning costs to processes and outcomes